[mapguide-users] Session Map and Settings Serverside

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jan 8 16:39:11 EST 2009

What do you mean when you say that "visible" is read only?
You can use the "getVisible()" and "setVisible()" functions to set layer
visibility.

An example here:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=629000&tstart=75

The "Session:xxx//MapName.Map" is an almost empty placeholder document.
The document has a binary object attached, which is what you modify with
operations like the above.
You probably don't want to go there.

AFAIK, the map center and scale values are only stored in the client
(aka: javascript).
So you have to use the Viewer API to get/set those values.
(The DWF viewer may be different)

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S