[mapguide-users] Selecting polygon

Stefan Dalakov s.dalakov at mapware.net
Sat Jan 17 10:12:49 EST 2009

Hi,
you have to create selection object on the server side and then send it
as an XML to the viewer
Here is part of the code (in php) that I have used - taken mostly from
developers guide and samples.
You can find everything there. It is not .net, but I think you can get
the idea

<?php
        $selection = new MgSelection($map);
        $queryOptions = new MgFeatureQueryOptions();
        $queryOptions->SetFilter("....");   -> Your parcel id should be
used in setting $queryOptions
        $featureReader = $layer->SelectFeatures($queryOptions);
        $selection->AddFeatures($layer, $featureReader, 0);
        $selectionXml = $selection->ToXml();
?>
<script language="javascript">
function OnPageLoad()
{
selectionXml = '<?php echo $selectionXml; ?>';
parent.parent.SetSelectionXML(selectionXml);
}
</script>

Hope this will help. Most of these basic tasks are described in
developer's guide

Regards : Stefan Dalakov