[mapguide-users] Fusion and Digitizing

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Thu Jan 29 16:34:54 EST 2009

I was in no way implying the wheel should be reinvented, in fact the
code I posted was an example of how to use the MapGuideViewerAPI.js
supplied DigitizePolygon(handler) function that you referred to.

I did say that I would like to see some method to clear the digitized
shapes after the function's handler has been called.  In MGOS 1.2 after
a polygon was digitized, it was destroyed.  In MGOS 2 with Fusion 1.1,
the polygon stays on the map until the user closes their browser.

-Mark P.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of GordonL
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:20 PM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] Fusion and Digitizing

You know, you really do not need to reinvent the wheel, if you have
already
built a lot of code with the Basic Web Layouts.  Did you know that
Fusion
supports some retro digitizing methods?
For example, I put the following in an INVOKESCRIPT in the Flexible Web
Layout:

top.parent.DigitizePoint(top.OnPointDigitized);

I also have the OnPointDigitized in a JS file attached to the main
frame/window.  So I reuse my code for both FUSION and Basic Web
Layouts...

Just check out the functions in the MapGuideViewerApi.js in the
/www/fusion/MapGuide/ folder...
They include:
Refresh()
SetSelectionXML(selectionXml)
ZoomToView(x, y, scale, refresh)
DigitizePoint(handler)
DigitizeLine(handler)
DigitizeLineString(handler)
DigitizeRectangle(handler)
DigitizePolygon(handler)

They work just like the classic MapGuide Viewer API...pretty sweet.

gordon

Mark Pendergraft wrote:

> Absolutely.
> My biggest beef with digitizing in Fusion is that when you digitize an
> object (point/polygon/etc.) it stays on the map.  The existing
functions
> don't have a clear method to remove the digitized object, and my
> programming skills aren't good enough that I want to mess with it.
>
> It's very simple,
> Add a reference to MapGuideViewerApi.js and call DigitizePolygon()
>
> The DigitizePolygon function requires that you pass it a handler
>
> Something similar to the following:
>
> DigitizePolygon(CreateJobByPolygon);
>
> function CreateJobByPolygon(polygon) {
>     var geomText = polygon.Count;
>     for (var i = 0; i < polygon.Count; i++){
>         geomText += "," + polygon.Point(i).X + "," +
polygon.Point(i).Y;