[mapguide-users] Select features on map load

GreenMapSanMiguel webmaster at SMAmap.com
Thu Jul 9 21:08:33 EDT 2009

Hi Paulo,

I think I am doing exactly what you want to do.  I have some ordinary HTML
pages with information about various locations that include a link to a Map
Guide map.  The URL passes the layer and feature name so that the map
selects and zooms to the specific location on open.  Here's a sample URL:

http://smamap.com/mapguide/GreenMapSanMiguel/index.php?LAYER=food&LOCATION=BOVE&END

I'm using a PHP script in a hidden frame to accomplish this.  It is rather
long to include here, but if you go to the URL above and view the source,
you will see a frameset called ScriptFrame.  The 'src' for the frame is the
URL of the php script, which you may be able to modify to meet your needs.

Good luck,

Andy