[mapguide-users] Regarding Shape file

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Jul 17 02:51:39 EDT 2009

First you have to upload the file to the server (1).
Then you basically have to mimic what you would do in Studio/Maestro (2-8).

1) Upload the file to the desired server folder
2) Create a featuresource xml document (possibly from a template xml file)
3) Set the "filepath" or similar parameter to point to the SHP file that
was uploaded
4) Save the featuresource (likely in the session repo)
5) Create a layerdefinition xml document (possibly from a template xml file)
6) Point to the featuresource created in (4)
7) Update the geometry and class info for the featuresource
8) Save the layerdefinition (likely in the session repo)
9) Add the layer to the runtime map
10) Save the runtime map
11) Refresh the client

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S