[mapguide-users] Regarding Shape file

sathishpsk9 sathishpsk9 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 22:28:17 EDT 2009

Hi Kenneth Skovhede
Thanks for your timely reply.

1.It looks right, but I think the FeatureName should be:
SHP_Schema:india_st

Ya your are right . now changed it to SHP_Schema:india_st

2.For (1), you can use any folder you like, as long as the web app has
write access,
and MapGuide has read access. I recommend using a folder that is only
used for this purpose.

I am using my D drive  .. My web app able to write to it but i don whether
Mapguide has read permissions ..

3.For step (9), did you remember to set the layer visible?
mylayer.SetVisible(true);

4.You can also use this method if you call SETRESOURCEDATA after step 4,
to upload the file.
(Remember to set the path in step 3 to %MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%).
   I am using foolowing method
resourceSrvc.SetResource(fetids, bytscrf.GetReader(),null);
and storing all resource to Library:// repository

5.Try to see if the error log has any messages.
error log:

<2009-07-23T07:39:17> 			Administrator
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: india
        An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Schema 'SHP_Schema' not found.
 StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 775 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_27.16\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
Failed to stylize layer: india
An exception occurred in FDO component.
Schema 'SHP_Schema' not found.
<2009-07-23T07:39:19> 			Administrator
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: india
        An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Schema 'SHP_Schema' not found.
 StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 775 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_27.16\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
Failed to stylize layer: india
An exception occurred in FDO component.
Schema 'SHP_Schema' not found.

what does above error indicate ?