[mapguide-users] MapDefinition from runtime map

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Jul 27 08:44:01 EDT 2009

Hi all,

what ist the easiest way to get an MapDefinition from an users runtime map.
My purpose is to save the users runtime map in Library after he has added
some layers to the map and maybe has changed the visibility of the layers.

Until now I had static maps and it was easy to compare the runtime map with
the mapdefinition and set only the visibility. But the more I give the user
the chance to change the runtime map (add layers) the more it will become
complicated.

So, is there somewhere (maybe in MaestroAPI) such an methode or are there
somewhere examples to achieve that?

Thanks in advance,
Gunter