[mapguide-users] Recover the Administration Password

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:45:03 EDT 2009

i think you can just rename the site directory under the repository directory
while the mapguide service is shutdown.

If it doesn't get recreated, just copy another site directory from another
mapguide instance

this is assuming you have very basic security setup

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Dominik
Schroll<dschroll at virtualcitysystems.de> wrote:
> I need your help.
>

> Facts:
>
> The Operation System is Windows Server 2003 R3 Standard Edition sp2 and I
> install the mapguide Open Source 2.0 on an IIS 6 a long time ago.
>

> First thing is to update the system with the new stable Version 2.0.2 of
> MapGuide OS. And I want to add some new data sources to the projects.
>

> Problem:
>
> The big problem is that I can´t login at the mapadmin site because I don´t
> know which password I choose.
>
> I change the normal password and now I can´t login.
>

> Approach:
>
> First I make a Backup of the System. Copy all local files to a different
> folder etc. Uninstall MapGuide and reinstall the new version. Then I restart
> the Server. Now I want to login at the mapadmin with the normal password
> “admin” and it don´t work. I have a package of an old version of my project
> to easily add all the data.
>
> But now I have a big problem. I look at the login.php to see were the
> password can be saved but I see nothing.
>

> I´d look at the mailing lists but I don´t find anything.
>

> Have everybody the same problem or know how to recover the normal password
> in an easy way?
>
> Please help me.
>

> Thank you very much
>

> Regards, Dominik