[mapguide-users] Mapguide Studio

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jul 29 17:30:13 EDT 2009

To convert formats, try Fdo2Fdo:
http://www.sl-king.com/Fdo2Fdo/download/download.html

There is no head-to-head comparision of the two tools, that I know of.

Some of the major points (IMO):

Maestro is lacking support for Symbol Libraries and Load Procedures
Maestro has no support for DWG formats.

Studio is lacking an option to edit xml and manipulate resource data.
Studio uses Mentor CS even when server uses PROJ.4.

There are many other differences, but I'm biased, so I won't comment on
them.

Note that Studio can no longer be purchased, but only comes with MGE.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S