[mapguide-users] Idea for making MgCooker faster

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jun 3 05:34:58 EDT 2009

I can understand your motivation for wanting to make the tiles bigger.
You can set the tile size using the command line options
--tilewidth=512 --tileheight=512

The problem with creating different size tiles, is that the number
system gets altered,
so you have to re-enumerate all the files to match the expected numbers.

If such a number matching system is produced (not too difficult),
you would need access to the filesystem to rename the files.

If you manage to get something working, I would be happy to
include it in MgCooker.

It would have to be an option, as MgCooker is capable of running
with only http access, and I would like to retain that possibility.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S