[mapguide-users] Create of Deployment Of a Mapguide application

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Jun 8 02:42:00 EDT 2009

Basically you need to set up a MapGuide server, eg. a clean install.
You can then copy the repositories folder into the new installation,
or create a MapGuide Package (MGP) and load it on the new server.

This will give you two MapGuide setups that are identical.
If you use external files or datasources, those must also be copied
to the new server.

Once the MapGuide setup is ready, you can move your application.
How you do this is outside the scope of the MapGuide mail list,
and depends on how you made your application.

If you follow the rules for xcopy deployment, you should be able
to simply copy the .aspx, .js .html files and the bin folder to the new
server, but you may need config files etc.

Visual Studio also provides a "Web Installer" you can try,
although I won't recommend using it.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S