RE: [mapguide-users] Maestro - RenderRuntimeMap questions

Scott Hameister scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Mon Jun 8 11:04:26 EDT 2009

Ive always been wondering WHY the default is 96 dpi?
Most monitors do much better than that...and thus scale is never accurate as
displayed in the viewer.

We can read how many pixels wide a users window is, is it just that its
utterly impossible to tell How many inches those pixels translate too on the
clients monitor? If that's the case then whats the reason for assuming
96dpi?