[mapguide-users] Getting User domain and username active directory from task pane

Olyster mcnolii at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:10:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm new to MapGuide.

I want to retrieve active directory domain and user name from TaskPane. I
used MapGuide Studio to create a web layout and I developed a webpage
(RightPane.aspx) with Visual Web Developer to be displayed in the taskPane.

I have a header frame (containing HeaderFrame.aspx which is showing a
banner) and the MapGuide frame below.

>From the Header Frame, I can get user's active directory info using :

Dim User As System.Security.Principal.IPrincipal

User = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.User
TxtUser.Text = User.Identity.Name

Which returns the domain name and user name of the currently connected user.

But If I try to get the same info with the same code in the page.load of
RightPane.aspx, I get nothing and I can't debug the page. I have to set it
as start page to debug it.

I tried to go up to the HeaderFrame from RightPane.aspx using javascript but
I get Access denied at a certain point (different domain I guess)

So I'd like to know how I can debug a custom .aspx page which resides in the
TaskPane and/or Get active directory info from a page which resides in the
taskPane.

I hope this is clear enough.

Thanks for your help.