[mapguide-users] Still curious about King.Oracle FDO

ary_s ary.sucaya at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 06:15:47 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I'm having some problem when using King.Oracle. I would like to describe my
observation as follow:
I've tried to monitor v$session and i found that King.Orcale make a new
session when a client connect from different machine. When it reach a
maximum session allowed by oracle, i found that mgos can not show map and it
complain about can not make anymore connection to King.Oracle FDO. I've
tried to set idle_time and adjust resource_limited to true in oracle but
seem to me that King.Oracle do not happy with this setting. After some
hours, it complain about not logged on. What i did is write a small window
service to kill inactive session created by mgserver.
The second, I found that selection of a feature consume a lot of resource.
If a user made a subsequence click on a selectable feature, memory usage by
MGOS will increase quite fast. This problem causing our server out of
memory.

Pls if someone could share your experience..

Thanks,
ary.sucaya