[mapguide-users] 2.1 Beta (Fusion) Problems

Benoit Begin bbegin at geomapgis.ca
Fri Jun 26 16:15:33 EDT 2009

The Firefox issue is fairly straightforward to fix, except for my lack of
understanding of the actual cause of the issue.

In ApplicationDefinition.js, the method getAppDef(xhr) needs to be changed
to be like this:

    getAppDef: function(xhr){
      if (xhr && typeof(xhr) == "object" && xhr.responseText) {
        this.sessionId = xhr.responseText;
        Fusion.sessionId = this.sessionId;
      }
      var r = new
Fusion.Lib.MGRequest.MGGetResourceContent(this.applicationDefinition);
      r.parameters.session = this.sessionId;
      r.parameters.format = 'application/json';
      this.oBroker.dispatchRequest(r,
              OpenLayers.Function.bind(this.getAppDefCB, this));
    }

Basically what happens is that this function is called by this line of code:
"window.setTimeout(OpenLayers.Function.bind(this.getAppDef,this),5);". For a
reason that I couldn't identify due to lack of time, the value of xhr is
sometimes equal to 5. Therefore, this causes the code to go into assigning
5.responseText (undefined) to this.sessionId and making it require to login
again.

I'm guessing it has something to do with an underlying library doing some
funky binding/prototyping under Firefox, but I didn't have time to find the
cause. My fix only works because it makes sure the xhr parameter is an
object and has the responseText parameter, so it's not really a "clean" fix
per say, but atleast it makes things work under Firefox.