[mapguide-users] assigning bmp images programmetically to thelayer

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Mar 2 02:27:46 EST 2009

It comes down to the value of time.

Generally our community has shown a great willingness to help others if they are in return willing to take the time to figure basic things out on their own and show evidence of that, respecting the value of the more experienced users time.

If users are not willing to make the initial time investment themselves, and show this by asking multiple questions without evidence that they have done any research into the problem, then they will eventually be ignored by the users who feel that the value of their time is not being respected.

My personal recommendation would be that if you don't have the time to find and read existing documentation and find the solutions to your questions, you may want to look into finding someone you can pay to help you, or perhaps purchase a commercial product (such as MapGuide Enterprise) that comes with a support contract.

Jason