[mapguide-users] window open

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Tue Mar 3 10:41:55 EST 2009

How are the points uniquely identified?  Could you send a copy of your
SDF file, or write out the schema for your feature?
-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of DYUTI
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 8:02 PM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] window open

hi all.....
    thank u mark u r absolutely correct "a new window opened".now i have
get the  info corresponds to each point in the layer from the database.I
connect it with database but while clicking on each point the same
information is displaying.

Anybody having any idea regarding this...
plss help me

thanks and regards
dyuti

Mark Pendergraft wrote:

> The link feature points to a local path, so your url needs to be
local.
> Just to illustrate that it works, try a full link like this
> http://mapguide.osgeo.org/ click here
>
> I think in the end, your link will be something like this
> "../../open.php"
>
> -Mark

Maestro
>> and it appears that you can provide a link to display in the maptip.
>>
>> Open the layer in Maestro, and on the right you will see a box named
>> "Link".  Use an expression similar to this one:
>> Concat(
>>            Concat('
>> http://www5.kingcounty.gov/kcgisreports/property_report.aspx?PIN='
> ,  PIN),  ' View Property Report for Parcel'
>> )
>>
>> To create a link in the maptip.  This expression strings together a
> url
>> with a variable "PIN" which is the Parcel Identification Number.
>>
>> -Mark

MgFeatureReader,
>>> you will need to close it immediately afterwards.  This has screwed
> me
>>> few times.
>>>
>>> After you get the point, you can use the MgFeatureReader to
>> getString(),
>>> or getInteger(), etc.... to obtain the values that you need to pass
>>> your pop-up window.
>>>
>>> Out of curiosity, why did you choose to go this route instead of the
>>> pop-up MapTip with a link to your new window?  The only reason I
have
>>> code like this in my map is so I can zoom to a point returned from
>>> Google Maps when the user enters an address into a search field.  I
>> much
>>> prefer the simplicity of letting MapGuide do the grunt work.  ;)
>>> -Mark

N/E