[mapguide-users] Base64 encoding decoding scenarios

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Fri Mar 6 14:09:04 EST 2009

You have to know the data type of the thing you are decoding. If it is a string, the decoded byte array is a utf8 string with a null terminator. So you have to look at it as an array of bytes, and not a number.

If I take the integer 892744497 and convert to hex using little endian, I get the bytes { 0x31, 0x33, 0x36, 0x35 }. If I look at this as an array of characters, it corresponds to { '1', '3', '6', '5'}.  Does that look familiar?

Traian