[mapguide-users] What is %24CurrentSelection???

achectl achectl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 03:43:05 EDT 2009

Hi Chris,

I tried to add the syntax to the date.php by using "include "mapguide.php";", the MgInitializeWebTier path was updated. And I would like to mention that the date.php isn't running into mapguide web server. It is running on xampp LAMP software of Windows.

And I tried to run the php program date.php, the error was prompted.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mginitializewebtier() in C:\xampp\htdocs\mrbs\web\mapguide.php on line 9

Also I have added the path as below into the php.ini file.
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions\php\ext"
extension=php_MapGuideApi.dll
The result is same.

I have question, why the parameter (e.g. SESSION, LOCALE & MAPNAME) of invokeURL.js file do not added to the date.php, but the invoke url have right parameters! It is not %24CurrentSelection.

Thanks.

You should be able to include this code at the beginning of your own php file. I believe it is called date.php. This file presumably does something useful with the information about the current selection. You should be able to retrieve the information you need from the MgSelection object using some simple php calls instead of calling echo $selection->ToXml().

>From your original screenshots it looks like you have already managed to create an InvokeURL command in MapGuide Studio, but if you have specific questions about the process, let me know.

Chris.