[mapguide-users] Issue with Gdal DefaultRasterFileLocation with UNC path

Kori Maleski kori.maleski at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:56:22 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am running MapGuide 2.0.2 with the service running under a domain account.

The account has full control over a file server directory containing raster
imagery in Sid format.  The imagery is in LL84.

When configuring a raster data connection with the Gdal FDO I am having
issues with applying coordinate system overrides when the files reside on a
file server and are being accessed via UNC path.

When I reference the file locally - i.e.  c:\myfiledirectory\myfile.sid,  I
can override the coordinate system with no issues in both Studio and
Maestro.  Map display is perfect.

When I use a UNC path - i.e.
\\myserver\myfiledirectory\myfile.sid<file://myserver/myfiledirectory/myfile.sid>,
and
try to use the override by refreshing to see the default spatial context I
get the following error:

In studio:  A popup windows error :

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the
application at location 0x00ea0a66

In the event viewer:

Out of process application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/mapguide/mapagent' terminated
unexpectedly.

Maestro displays no error.

But after an attempt or two in either application, the service is
unresponsive and W3SVC and mgserver services have to be restarted.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Cheers,

Kori Maleski