[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 2.1 beta -- Installer Problem

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue May 26 20:06:14 EDT 2009

James, you can extract the MSI and VS redist from the .exe file using 7Zip, and then (after installing the redist) run it with syntax like:

msiexec /i PackageName.msi /l*v logfile.log

I don't think the bootstrapper we're using has the ability to generate logfiles automatically.  It was something we wanted, but didn't have the ability to tackle for this release.

I'd be interested in knowing which action is failing.  It's a tough call between allowing the install to succeed but be incomplete, or rolling back on IIS configuration errors.

Jason