[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 2.1 beta -- Installer Problem

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Wed May 27 13:53:34 EDT 2009

After uninstalling MGOS 2.0.2 the 2.1.0 installer ran successfully.
However, the PHP install is FUBAR: the IIS application mapping for PHP was
pointing to an old MGOS 1.2 directory, and loading any PHP page in the
browser (including just phpinfo()) returns "The specified module could not
be found.", even with "display_errors = On" in the php.ini file.

Running the newly installed "PHP,exe --version" from the command prompt
produces this:

   php.exe - Entry Point Not Found
   The procedure entry point GetModuleHandleExW could not be located in the
   dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

and

   PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
   'C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Php\ext\php_MapGuideApiEnvConfig.dll'
    - The specified procedure could not be found.
    in Unknown on line 0
   PHP 5.2.5 (cli) (built: Nov  8 2007 23:18:51)
   Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
   Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

The file it is complaining about is located exactly where it is looking
for it.

Looks like it is time to do some housecleaning on that server. I'm going
to uninstall MGOS 2.1.0 and remove any references to MGOS or PHP from the
filesystem, registry and IIS metabase, then we'll try again.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.