[mapguide-users] ECWs and MG 2.1

Danfri danfrias at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:21:53 EDT 2009

Jason/Chris:

First of all I want to thank you for the prompt responses.  Unfortunately,
after struggling with MapGuide all day yesterday, I have still been
unsuccessful in my attempts to display ECW files in 2.1.  To summarize what
I did:

1) I do have my imagery in an alias folder and I did  it reestablish this
folder after installing 2.1 then restarted the service.  If I create a data
connection from this alias folder using JPG and JGW files, it works fine.
It is with ECW files that it fails.  As a simple test, I go into Maestro,
create a data connection pointing to a folder containing JPGs and JGWs, and
then if I click the "Preview this item" button.  I then get a webpage which
will allow me to see a list of all the JPG files it has recognized.  If I do
this with ECWs on 2.0.2 it works the same way, but with 2.1 it returns an
empty list every time and does not display those ECWs on a map.

2) I have placed the files contained within the gdal_wavelet_3.4.zip file
into my MapGuide installation in the appropriate bin and fdo directories.

3) I downloaded the ECW Support DLLs and copied in the four NCSxxx.dll files
into the fdo directory of the MapGuide installation and then restarted the
service.

At this point I am still unable to display ECW files on the map and, in
fact, as I mentioned in (1) Maestro does not recognize ECWs as a valid data
source through the "Preview this item" function (though this works for JPGs
and worked for ECWs in 2.0.2).  I have even gone so far as to completely
remove my installation of 2.1, deleting the directories and files left
behind, then completely reinstalling from scratch, but to no avail.

I would greatly appreciate any more ideas anyone might have and would like
to know if anyone has of yet been able to get ECWs to display through
MapGuide 2.1.