[mapguide-users] Creating and adding layers

oshan icycool at inbox.com
Wed Nov 4 21:53:13 EST 2009

Hi Kenneth

Thanks for you reply. I'm basically trying to get a map displayed in the
ajax viewer and the map I'm planning to use is a raster image.

I tried doing it using map guide maestro but I couldn't get the image
displayed. I tnk its something to do with the coordinate system may be its
way off the screen.

I was looking at GDAL and found this link. It kind shows how to add
coordinate to raster image. I'll try that and see if it works.
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/RasterProcTutorial

By the way do you mean data files like .shp? what is a good free client I
used to create such data?

Thanks