[mapguide-users] Inserting MgDateTimeProperty to SQLServerSpatial fails

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Tue Nov 10 09:21:54 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I discovered a strange behavior when trying to add a MgDateTime to a
SqlServersSpatial featuresource:
To insert a DateTime-object into a featursource I first have to convert it
into a MgDateTime.
This code works fine when inserting a DateTime into a sdf featuresource:

   DateTime dateTime =  Convert.ToDateTime(propertyValue);
   MgDateTime mgDateTime = new MgDateTime();

   mgDateTime.SetYear(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Year));
   mgDateTime.SetMonth(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Month));
   mgDateTime.SetDay(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Day));
   mgDateTime.SetHour(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Hour));
   mgDateTime.SetMinute(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Minute));
   mgDateTime.SetSecond(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Second));

   MgProperty newProperty = new MgDateTimeProperty(propertyName,
mgDateTime);

Using SqlServer2008SpatialProvider this fails. I realized that it works when
using low values for
the day parameter and fails when using higher values. So I got the idea to
change my code in the following way and everything is correct:

   mgDateTime.SetMonth(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Day));
   mgDateTime.SetDay(Convert.ToInt16(dateTime.Month));

I could even evaluate this issue in AutoCAD Map 2010. So I think it's a
provider related issue, isn't it?
Where do I have to create a ticket: FDO Trac or MapGuide Trac ?

Thanks, Gunter