[mapguide-users] How to get selected area information in mapguide

nekad nekadiana at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:51:40 EST 2009

Hey guys..
I'm newbie in GIS world
I'm using Mapguide  and mapguide maestro 1.0.9

What i want is,
when user click a selected area, then they can right click and choose the
link i provided, let say "ViewData"

when user click ViewData, then it will show a popup window which display
relevant information of selected area...

But, my problem is, I don't know how to get the information..

I have coded by following the sample,
$args = ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST') ? $_POST : $_GET;
   $sessionId = $args['SESSION'];
       echo $sessionId."<br>";
   $mapName = $args['MAPNAME'];
       echo $mapName."<br>";
   try
   {
     // Initialize the Web Extensions and connect to the Server using
     // the Web Extensions session identifier stored in PHP session state.

     MgInitializeWebTier ($webconfigFilePath);

         $userInfo = new MgUserInformation($sessionId);
         //$userInfo = new MgUserInformation("Administrator", "admin");
         echo "USER";
     $siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();echo "CON";
         $siteConnection->Open($userInfo);echo "open";
         $resourceService =
$siteConnection->CreateService(MgServiceType::ResourceService); echo
"resource";

when i run it, popwindow will display echo till "CON", but "resource" will
not shown...
what is the problem?
somebody can help me the simple way to do my needs?

thx