[mapguide-users] oracle connection

manav dayal manav_dayal85 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 12 07:12:25 EST 2009

I am using maestro1.0  and trying to  connect to the remote database server.
When I choose to make a  new data connection with OSGeo.KingOracle.3.3 as the
provider for oracle.

I have oracle 11g installed on my machine but i am  trying to connect to the remote machine also having 11g.

connection is very much ok when i try to connect it from the command prompt.

Following error is being thrown when I try to test the connection.

The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException.:
An exception occurred in FDO component.
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
Exception occurred in method MgFdoConnectionManager.Open at line 858 in file d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\common\manager\FdoConnectionManager.cpp

kindly help asap.
Regards.