[mapguide-users] Resize Box ? hows it work?

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Mon Nov 16 19:06:00 EST 2009

I'm looking to resize text to fit inside a shape.
This is the symbol, what am I missing?

The Size of the Ship is a variable.
I would like the text to fit inside the ships outline, can this be done with
resizecontrol?

I had a look at an old post of mine but I could not figure out how the
resizebox works.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimpleSymbolDefinition
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="SymbolDefinition-1.1.0.xsd" version="1.1.0">
<Name>Ship</Name>
<Graphics>
<Path>
<ResizeControl>AddToResizeBox</ResizeControl>
<Geometry>
M 0,0	L 0.167,0.5 L 1,0.5 L 1,-0.5 L 0.167,-0.5 Z
</Geometry>
<LineWeight>0.0</LineWeight>
</Path>
<Text>
<ResizeControl>AdjustToResizeBox</ResizeControl>
<Content>%NAME%</Content>
<FontName>Arial</FontName>
<Angle>0</Angle>
</Text>
</Graphics>
<PointUsage>
<Angle>%ROT%</Angle>
</PointUsage>
<ParameterDefinition>
<Parameter>
<Identifier>ROT</Identifier>
<DefaultValue/>
<DisplayName>Rotation</DisplayName>
<Description>Point Symbol Rotation</Description>
<DataType>String</DataType>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Identifier>NAME</Identifier>
<DefaultValue/>
<DisplayName>Vessel Name</DisplayName>
<Description>Vessel Name for Symbol</Description>
<DataType>String</DataType>
</Parameter>
</ParameterDefinition>
</SimpleSymbolDefinition>