[mapguide-users] FeatureService.UpdateFeatures insert feature correctly into the Oracle but not return MgFeatureProperty

mighty_duck msiljegovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 08:08:34 EST 2009

Hello,

I want to insert data into the oracle table using
FeatureService.UpdateFeatures and everything works fine, new feature is
inserted into the database, but  if I want to see ID(autogenerated in
database) of data that I inserted(should return MgFeatureProperty for Insert
command) I got an MgStringProperty with exception text. This is the case
when Im using Autodesk Oracle provider.

When Im using, for same code, FDOKing provider FeatureService.UpdateFeatures
returns MgFeatureProperty but then when I want to read data from
FeatureReader(ReadNext gives me true) I get null reference exception(Does it
mean that reader is empty?).

Does anyone know what is the problem  and does this mean that if I want to
find out ID for inserted feature in database, I want be able to do that via
FeatureService?

anyinformation will be very helpful,

thanks