[mapguide-users] Geometry vs. Geography. Projections. Distortions

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Nov 20 02:54:09 EST 2009

MapGuide will perform data reprojection if needed, although it costs
some speed.
If your data reports the correct projection and your map has the desired
view projection,
all should look correct.

You can change the map's projection to whatever you think is best.

If your data reports the wrong projection, you can add a coordinate
system override on the
FeatureSource.

For best practices (read: performance), I recommend that you keep data
and map in the same projection
whenever possible.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S