[mapguide-users] why "parent.parent.mapFrame.DigitizeRectangle(OnRectangleDigitized); " don t work for selection features in map ????

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Nov 27 06:49:22 EST 2009

Take a look at the frame layout, "MapGuide Developers Guide" page 25
(labeled "page 19"):
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/2.0/documentation.html

"parent" refers to the parent frame.
Depending on what frame your javascript executes from,
you need more or less "parent" references.

The problem is described on page 26-27 (labelled 20-21).

I recommend that you use the function "getMapFrame()" instead, as that
is avalible in almost all frames,
and automatically finds the mapframe.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S