[mapguide-users] Raster not loading

LLEUNDD nuell at nicholsenvironmental.com
Fri Nov 27 16:25:44 EST 2009

We have just upgraded our MGOS to version 2.0.2.3011 on a windows 2008 IIS 7
box and I can't get my Autodesk Mapguide Studio authoring tool to load
raster imagery.

I was using ECW imagery, however I found a post saying that ECWs were not
inherently supported in versions 2.0/2.1.  I then changed my imagery to a
.jpg and uploaded the files to a local drive on the server.

To load the imagery I did the following:
- Right click and select New-> Data Connection
- Select OSGEO FDO Provider for Raster
- input my local path to the file i.e., C:\inetpub\wwwroot\XYZ Custom
Sites\GIS\Backup\imagery.ecw
- Tested connection (connection is good)
- Save
- Right click to create new data layer
- Selected the imagery data source
- saved new layer

I can not get the imagery to show in either a new map or in the preview
mode.

Of note, no matter what I put as my local path to the imagery (could be
something that does not even exist (i.e., c:\smith)) it seems to say the
connection is good.

Can anyone comment on this?

Cheers!