[mapguide-users] Using Mapguide Studio for Mapguide Open Source

JamesDudden jamesdudden at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 04:28:13 EDT 2009

mohan siraskar wrote:

>  1) Which mapguide Studio i have to use for developement ? Can i use Sudio
> 2010 or 2009 or is there Open Source separate authoring environment ?

There is an open source version of Studio called Maestro whcich I personally
do not use but understand it has very similar capabilities. You can use
Studio 09 but may find it hard to get a copy as Studio10 is now out. You
won't be able to use Studio10 as this is reserved for Enterprise users only.

mohan siraskar wrote:

> 2) What are the limitations or Draw backs of Mapguide Open Source as
> compare to the Mapguide Enterprise Commercial Versions ?

I recently spoke to a "Mapguide Expert" and reseller of MG Enterprise and he
told me that they are essentially the same thing. There is some difference
in the Raster support but apart from that the same.

Regards
JD

-----
http://www.software-matters.co.uk Software Matters  -