[mapguide-users] Use of URL on layer

Plantech jerryr at plan-tech.com
Fri Oct 16 10:52:34 EDT 2009

I am attempting to activate a URL with a mouse over feature control click
for a layer.  I have done this with simple URL constructs but I would like
to be able to activate a choice of URLs based on a text field value.

In MG Studio I have used the Create/Modify Expressions editor on a layer
with:

If ( TextField = 'U1', http://URL1, http://URL2 )

When validated, I get an error  'Argument types for function 'If' are
mismatched....Result types are mismatched: the validation operation expected
'Text' but expression returned 'Unknown'

If I use the expression:

If ( 'TextField = U1', http://URL1, http://URL2 )
it is valid but always returns the second URL.

Can this be done using If or do I need to prepare a separate URL with logic
to sort out the selection? Thanks for any advice.