[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.0.2 FCGI problems on RHEL5

Grant, R, Paul (Tyco Telecom) paul.grant at tycotelecom.com
Fri Oct 23 14:35:41 EDT 2009

I've been running mapguide 6.5 / mapguide enterprise 2007/8/9/10 in a windows environment for several years and am in the process of testing its capabilities in the Linux environment.  I have recently installed MGOS 2.0.2 on Redhat EL5 and am running into problems with fcgi.  I installed using the default scripts/locations and on the surface, everything appears to be installed correctly.  My Linux skill are rusty so I could be overlooking something obvious...or wildly incorrect depending on how deep my inexperience runs.

Quick Summary
-------------
MGOS installdir is /usr/local/mapguideopensource/
Apache is running under installdir/webserverextensions/apache2
mgsever is running under installdir/server/
PHP is running under installdir/webserverextensions/php/
mod_fastcgi.so is in installdir/apache2/modules
fdo is in /usr/local/fdo-3.3.0

http.conf contains
- LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
- AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi

Apache Test
- http://localhost:8008 is succsessul
- http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATERESOURCES&VERSION=1.0.0&RESOURCEID=Library://
-- not successful.  All requests through mapagent.fcgi result in being prompted to save mapagent.fcgi
- http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/index.html loads but tests using mapagent.fcgi fail with the above result

PHP Testing
- http://localhost:8008/mapguide/phpinfo.php is successful
- http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php is successful

Being inexperienced using Linux, I could use some help getting pointed in the right direction.  If anyone has some troubleshooting suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you