[mapguide-users] trouble connecting mapguide maestro postgis

Remco Houtkamp r.houtkamp at burohoutkamp.nl
Wed Sep 16 10:04:51 EDT 2009

Hi all, this is my first post, still a newbie.

I think I managed to import data from openstreetmap.org to postgis. But now I cannot connect. I guess things are working since I can connect from a program called Udig.

In mapguide maestro I go through the following steps:

Create a new resource>data connection

OSGEO FDO Provider for Postgis

Database: osm  (is visible in Udig)

server: I tried localhost http://localhost/ 127.0.0.1 http:// 127.0.0.1/

Port: 5432

Tried all three credentials but think it must be Specified Credentials with user postgres and my secret password ;)

Press test connection and then the following error appears:

De externe server heeft een fout geretourneerd: (559) MgFdoException.: An exception occurred in FDO component. Unable to load the FDO Provider: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden. (some of this is Dutch...)

My setup contains postgresql 8.4 and postgis 1.4.

Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong... struggling for days and days... and days...