[mapguide-users] Implement redling with an always on top window

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Sep 18 06:09:25 EDT 2009

I'm pretty sure you can't do that, as it would be really annoying and a
potential security risk
if arbitrary webpages could do that.

Instead, in the outer most page, include the viewer as an iframe:
<iframe src="......ajaxviewer/?....params..." style="... location, size,
etc ...."></iframe>
<iframe src="your-tool-window.html" style=".... same ..."></iframe>

You should now be able to place the second iframe on top of the first
one (z-index).
There are many JS snippets that allow you to drag an iframe around,
so you can just make the iframe look like a window.

That way, you can mimic an "always-on-top" window, but it stays within
the page, so the browser
does not mind.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S