[mapguide-users] How to secure WMS Layers in MGE?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 05:20:16 EDT 2009

sounds all about right, given your using map 3d and MGE, i would
raise this directly with Autodesk, either via support or the MGE mailing list

No sure if it matters, but WMS in mapguide only has service defintions up
to 1.1.1 in the server\wms directory, you had 1.30 in the map 3d config

which version of MGE are you using?

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Matthias Valcke
<matthias.valcke at realdolmen.com> wrote:

> Hello Mr. z :), In the first place thanks for your quick reply. I already played with the access rights on the layer-level, but then I totally can't access the WMS layer any more. So: 1/ I created a new usergroup for the WMS-Service 2/ I added a user to the usergroup 3/ I give the usergroup rights on the layer (in MGE Studio) 4/ I try to connect to the WMS layer through Map 3D 2009, using the credentials specified in MGE Studio 5/ Problems ... In attachment of this post I added a document describing the steps I took. Maybe you can tell me where I go wrong? securing+wms+layers.doc Thanks in advance, Kind regards
> Matthias Valcke CAD/GIS Consultant

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168