[mapguide-users] Create Featuresource

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Sep 29 07:29:50 EDT 2009

The MapGuide API only supports creating SDF files.
Rfc77 adresses this partially, and is being implemented for MG2.2:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc77

You can always create a FeatureSource xml document and upload to MapGuide.
What is missing is an empty SHP/SDF/SQLite file and some column
alteration methods.
You can use the FDO API to create and manipulate such files, and then
upload them
to MapGuide, using SetResourceData.

For the database, simply issue SQL statements, and then save the
FeatureSource to
force a schema refresh.

MaestroAPI won't make it easier because the method is missing from MapGuide.
Implementing it inside the MaestroAPI using FDO would make Maestro
non-portable.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S