[mapguide-users] Re: Viewer API GetLayer() and base layers

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 05:54:38 EDT 2010

Hi Praveen

Many thanks for the pointers. I've managed to get something working without
AJAX, but with your instructions, I'll try to implement it in AJAX (which
I've never coded before). A final question (hopefully) - how can I trigger
this function only when either any layer visiblity changes, or the map zoom
level changes? Do I have to hack the viewer templates to add onclick()
handlers to the icons/buttons, or are there existing event handlers which I
can hook into? At the moment, I'm just having to call the function
repeatedly, which results in an obvious repeated request from the browser
(ie the status bar progress bar keeps appearing when the request is made,
and the IE tab icon keeps changing to the spinning circle).

Thanks again for all the help - nealy there

Tom