[mapguide-users] Connecting to WMS using Mapguide Studio

Krishna.Sista at phila.gov Krishna.Sista at phila.gov
Wed Apr 21 11:41:52 EDT 2010

Hello list,

I created a MXD(using ArcMap) which contains the Raster SDE dataset and
published on to server ABC  as a mapservice( enabled WMS capability to the
service). I would like to connect the WMS service from the MapGuide studio
2010 (which is on different server). I tried googling and found you have
to use ‘http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi? ‘and pass
the service and other  parameters to the link . According to my
understanding the above link works when the layers are on the same server
as the map guide server. But in my case the services are on different
server and are created using Arcgis server. From the Site administrator I
tried to configure the WMS service by specifying the server name (server
which contains the WMS service) and the script name. But I am not sure how
to connect from Mapguide studio to the WMS service. I would appreciate if
somebody could shed some light.

Regards