[mapguide-users] Re: DWF's display poorly

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Wed Aug 4 14:26:20 EDT 2010

Ok, I've gotten the closest I've seen yet with this issue.  Here's what I
did:

-  Plot using the DWFx eplot (XPS Compatable) driver.
-  Use a DWF Virtual Pen ctb file when plotting and change the line weight
to 0mm. (I had to edit an existing one because you can't add more than whats
in the list.    )
-  Plot with styles
-  Change the DPI to the maximum 4800
-  Change the 'Custom Properties' to use a max DPI of 4800
-  Create a custom paper size of 100inchs x 100inches (even though it's
model space)
-  Plot to extents, portrait, and fit to paper

Doing all that will get me the closet yet to the original source.  The text
is in the proper location, the lineweights are not thick blobs, and the
output looks ok.  However, the line types are still distorted.  So instead
of a nice straight line as in the dwg, it's a little squiggly.

Not to mention of course you can't use any of the attribute data, object
data or link templates you may have in your dwg as Gord had indicated above.