[mapguide-users] At my wit's end...

DGK kerrcad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 11:53:11 EDT 2010

I'm trying to view the related data in an Excel point file (2003 or 2010 - it
don't matter).  The data connection is ok, points display in layer preview.
When I select a point to view the data ("Properties displayed in Viewer",
"Select All") the viewer returns: "An exception occurred in FDO component".
Regardless of what I do, or combinations therof.

Please help - I had hoped to do a (very simple) client demo Monday...

My Setup:
Server 2008/64 R2
MGE 2011/64
AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe (Installed on the server.  Only way found to
make a connection)
MBES 2011 on Win7/64
Excel 2003 file
Excel 2010 file
Access 2003 file

What I have tried, always using "OSGeo FDO Provider for ODBC"
DSN providers for Access and Excel
External file connection for Access and Excel
Connect and upload Excel file.
32 bit version of FDO toolbox reads the Excel 2003 file just fine.

The file is very simple - 149 rows, 7 columns or so, no field longer than 10
characters.

The Excel 2003 file is attached if anyone want to give it a go on a similar
configuration...I'm giving up as I do not what to alter to make this work -
MGE version? 32/64 bit server?  Server 2008/2003? Office 2003/2010?  It is
always "An exception occurred in FDO component".

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5381123/SampleData.xls
SampleData.xls