[mapguide-users] Add Polygon to Layer in Current Session Only

JC650 jmarvin at redwoodcity.org
Tue Aug 24 14:58:02 EDT 2010

I want to add a polygon to a layer only in the current session.

I am able to add it permanently to the map using:

        Dim layerDef As String = "Library://GISLayers/path/to/layer/" &
LayerName & ".FeatureSource
        Dim dataSourceId As New MgResourceIdentifier(datasource)

But when I try to open using the Session like this:
        Dim layerDef As String = "Session:" & mapSessionID & "//" &
LayerName & ".LayerDefinition"
        Dim dataSourceId As New MgResourceIdentifier(datasource)

I get the following error:

OSGeo.MapGuide.MgResourceNotFoundException: Resource was not found:
Session:f64856ea-91de-102d-8000-005056ad4bb9_en_7F0000010AF20AF10AF0//MyLayer.FeatureSource
- MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 83

Am I way off base on how I am doing this?  Any help is appreciated.  I've
been staring at this for a while.

Thanks!