[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.2 Beta and OpenLayers 2.7

iceman-11 Mike.Carsella at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:02:35 EDT 2010

I've loaded MGOS 2.2.0.4982 Beta on a Windows 2008 R2 64bit server running
IIS 7.5.  I loaded a package that I had built from an MGOS 1.2 Windows 2003
server onto the Windows 2008 server using the MGOS Admin interface.  The
package loaded succesfully and I'm able to preview all my layers using
MapGuide Maestro 2.1.1.5078 and Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009.

The problem arises when I try to publish a WMS layer and read it using
OpenLayers 2.7.  GetCapabilities tells me the layer is available.  But when
I try to access it via an OpenLayers.Layer.WMS "add layer" call, nothing is
displayed.  The same OpenLayers code works with an MGOS 1.2 server.

My data is in EPSG:900913.  With the CSMAP projection change to MGOS 2+ from
MGOS 1.2, I'm afraid I may have lost the ability to simply pass the data
through to OpenLayers without reprojection.

Can someone shed some light on what might be happening? How can I publish
data using MGOS 2.2 Beta and consume it with OpenLayers 2.7?