[mapguide-users] Maestro 3.0 Test Build #4
jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:59:19 EST 2010
Here's the 4th test build of Maestro 3.0:
Some of the new stuff includes:
- Implemented re-pointer function as suggested by Jason (#606)
- Added warnings about tile cache invalidation (with choice to abort) when
saving a Feature Source, Layer Definition or Map Definition.
- Drag/Drop package loading
- More progress on the Fusion Editor
See the changelog.txt for the nitty gritty details.
I'd really like to get some testing feedback on the tiled map warning
feature. If you have an expendable tiled map (ie. A tiled map whose cached
tiles you're not afraid of blowing up), I'd like feedback as to whether
Maestro's warning system successfully prevents your tile cache from being
blown away. The ticket is #1496, if Maestro's warning system fails to
prevent an action that could blow up your tile cache via a confirmation
prompt, please re-open this ticket.
Once again, remember that Maestro 3.0 is still lacking some features from
2.x as they are still in the process of being ported over:
- Custom user resource templates
- Raster layer editor
- Package editor
- Fusion editor
- Specialized feature source editors for other providers
- Possibly others
Once again, general notes when testing this build:
- Found a bug? Ask yourself: Did this bug exist in Maestro 2.x, and hence
is a known problem?
- Similarly, that Maestro 2.x issue you filed in Trac some time ago: Has it
been fixed or successfully worked around with this build?
- So generally speaking, it really helps to have an existing installation
of Maestro 2.x on hand (current release being 2.1.4) as a baseline
comparison to whether something has been fixed or broken.
- Filed an issue under the previous test build? Did this test build fix
this issue for you?
- All existing Maestro tickets will be re-targeted to the maestro-3.0
- Something breaks when running in Mono? It helps to specify the expected
behaviour when running in Windows. Screenshots help as well. Also indicate
the version of Mono
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Maestro-3-0-Test-Build-4-tp5830650p5830650.html
Sent from the MapGuide Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the mapguide-users