[mapguide-users] Getting layer's maxscale to Viewer API

Johannes Foell jfoell at uos.de
Mon Feb 15 10:25:46 EST 2010

Hi List,

I'm new to MG (and JS) and have a question about the layer's maxscale. I can
read the maxscale out of the Layerdefinition using a XML-File. Having the
maxscale read out for each layer, I need the highest maximum for the
layergroup at the Viewer API to zoom to a given coordinate and this
maxscale.
Currently i compare the different maxscales and save the largest number as
double. Writing this double to a new XML-File, i can't read it to the Viewer
API.

Is there a way to get this maxscale to the Viewer API and the method
ZoomToView()?

I'm using VB.Net and JS.

Or is there just another solution?

Thanks for any hint in advance.