[mapguide-users] RE: SQL Server 2008 views and fdo again

carc ca at forteconsulting.ca
Tue Feb 23 18:42:19 EST 2010

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the info as that does fill in a lot of the missing pieces
especially in terms of the why.

In the example I provided tableA does have a primary key and this did not
seem to help.

Right now the single table views only work if the view itself contains a
unique, clustered, primary key which now that I reread your post seems
contradictory to what you stated.

Once we have the client upgraded to FDO 3.5 we will try using a clustered
pk, index on a view that contains multiple tables to see if that works.

One question to satisfy my curiosity and that has had me stumped about this
whole issue; why the need for a PK at all in order to do a select against
individual features? Maybe the answer is more complicated then can be easily
explained here but i have used what feels like countless gis data
sources/format/providers and this is the first time I have come across this
requirement. Like I said more a curiosity question then anything.

Thanks,