[mapguide-users] Markup perpendicular

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Wed Jan 6 17:27:20 EST 2010

Rodolfo,
I understand this equation and belive it is what I need to make this
work(got my head in cad land not math land atm). it has indeed worked on a
single two coord line A-B .....

What about a linestring that is
Line(2xy's)-Arc(3xy's)-Line(2xy's)-Line(2xy's)

Small issue with the understanding of how mapguide works....
How do i itereate through a LineString to extract segments?
If I can extract segments and check what geom type they are ? Line/Arc, then
I can complete this section of the app... I tihnk

1.Find closest road.(done)
2.split road into segments.(I don't know if this is possible)
3.Find closest segment.(can use same method as find closest line)
4.Find point of intersection on segment with perpendicular line. (done for
line, should be doable for arc as well)

Is this the sort of thing the community likes seeing here? or am I taking
advantage?