[mapguide-users] MapGuide Maestro 2.0 beta 1 released

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Sat Jan 9 15:34:03 EST 2010

Folks, I'd really encourage you to try Maestro 2.0. I've been using it
full time over the last couple months and am extremely happy with the
improvements that Kenneth has worked hard to put into it.

The theming and expression editor are great new features (I love the
Color Brewer support)but in my mind the most important feature of this
release is all the small improvements that have added up to a massive
increase in usability and productivity.

Another feature that I love is the resource validator. Run this on a
map definition to make sure that its entire dependency chain is intact
and that you don't have any performance-killing projection differences
or common errors like missing legend labels. This can be a lifesaver
when moving changes from testing into production.

Despite the massive improvements and stability, it is quite possible
that there is an undiscovered bug that will only show up in YOUR
workflow, especially if you use different data types or maps than the
people who have been testing pre-beta releases. This beta release is
your opportunity to find these problems before Maestro is released and
ensure that they are fixed quickly.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to remind you that the
development of Maestro is done by Kenneth in his free time for no
compensation. If you see value in Maestro, please consider sending an
appropriate amount to his paypal account.

Happy Testing!
Jason